* Were established to fight America's War on Poverty
* Help people help themselves in achieving self-sufficiency
*Provide Programs and Services based upon a local needs assessment
Head Start Applications Now Being Accepted
* Classrooms in Bedford, Mount Ayr, Winterset, and Creston
* Full-day options available at no cost for those meeting
* Education, health and nutrition services available
for children and families
Call Head Start at 782-6201
WIC - Special supplemental nutrition program:
* Infants and children up to 5 years old and;
*Pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding women
* Nutrition education, healthy food, health care referrals,
to set up appointment or for more information
Welcome to MATURA Action Corporation
MATURA is the region’s primary agency for services striving to eliminate the causes and conditions of poverty.
MATURA is the designated Community Action Agency for the counties of Madison, Adams, Taylor, Union, Ringgold, and Adair. MATURA also provides some services in the counties of Audubon, Buena Vista, Cass, Carroll, Clarke, Clay, Crawford, Decatur, Dickinson, Fremont, Green, Guthrie, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, O’Brien, Osceola, Page, Pottawattamie, Sac, and Shelby. The links above detail our programs and services.
We urge our customers to visit us at our many locations across the region. If you have any questions at any time, or would prefer to speak with one of our staff, please call us! (641) 782-8431
Thank you for visiting our site. We look forward to serving you!